Fortius Clinic are looking to disrupt the health market by bringing a new app to market for Fortius Clinic patients. Fortius Clinic would like to create an app which is meaningful, and has a deep impact on the market and the business.
I was part of a small team that was responsible for research, experience strategy and design for the iOS app. Working in an agile method, allowed the team to collaborate closely throughout the duration of the whole project.
1 UX Architect
1 iOS Developer
Pen/paper/post-its, Sketch, Marvel
What desired impact will this app have on your business?
• Increase number of referrals to Fortius Clinic
• Reduce the cost to host a patient, and repurpose employees - currently there's 3.5 people in the booking team
• Reduce the number of query phone calls coming in to Fortius
• To be able to reduce the amount of patients that walk out of the clinic without paying
• To reduce the chance of patients booking imaging at other locations
What will this app be successfully measured by?
• 25% patients coming in through the app
• Reduction in query calls
A heuristics and features analysis was carried out on a number of competitors that are currently in the market, which feature a booking function within their app.
BEST IN CLASS
The pros and cons of a few booking apps were looked at to see what takeaways can be carried forward.
- Shows previous purchases & booking at surface
- Good use of image of the location
- Checking-in made simple and easy
- Hand off between in-store app is sudden
- Lack of knowing who you are meeting leave you anxious
- Show user history at surface
- Uncluttered screen helps user flow
- Step by step flow
- Animations used to supplement the loading
- Encourages user to explore
- Timely notifications
- Web view is a bad experience - slow, multiple loading screens
- Two navigations: Mobile web and the app
- One screen for the full journey
- Use of Apple Pay
- Quick check out process
- Offline tickets
- No "delighters"
- Focused booking flow, removal of all imagery to avoid clutter
user experience principles
The Fortius App UX Principles define the key considerations when assessing the app, in order to identify how to improve the user experience , optimise conversion and measure performance. It covers the whole customer journey, conversion points at each stage and usability hygiene.
Based on the user research received from the client, a persona was created to highlight pain points, needs and their goals.
Collaborated with a designer to create a rapid prototype of the booking flow, to present our understanding to the client, to ensure we were on the same page.
The proposed experience was mapped out from the beginning to the end, when a user is a patient at the Fortius Clinic. This was presented to the stakeholder to ensure mutual understanding of the user journey.
Using the information I gathered during discovery, I sketched out ideas of the booking flow on Post-Its, along with some of the other screens in the app. I then presented the sketches back to the team.
These initial sketches were then turned into high-fidelity annotated wireframes in Sketch. Then a prototype was created in Marvel.